Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Soup Night!

Alysha at The Savory Notebook hosts a blogging event known as The Virtual Recipe Club. The theme for this week is SOUP. Tonight's dinner from Cooking Light, Chunky Potato-Crab Chowder definitely fits the soup theme. Despite this being a light soup, it did have a nice creamy texture. The flavor of the crab meat shines in this soup. Crab meat tends to be somewhat sweet. One of the ingredients of this soup is canned cream-style corn. According to Cooking Light, this is added to enhance the creamy texture. However, combined with the crab meat we thought it made it just a little too sweet. I will definitely make this again, but I think the addition of a little bit of cayenne pepper will help offset some of the sweetness and enhance the flavor.

Michele of Chef Michele's Adventures posted a cute foodie quiz today

What Kind of Food are You?
You Are French Food

Snobby yet ubiquitous.
People act like they understand you more than they actually do.

So I am French Food. Pretty cool. What are you?

Day off from work tomorrow so I will be making a comfort food dinner from Cooking Light. I also checked out the latest issue of Cook's Illustrated and found a new bread recipe I wish to try. Until then.

Recipes
Chunky Potato-Crab Chowder
adapted from Cooking Light, October 2003

2 Comments:

  • At 2/02/2006 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    I took that quiz a few weeks ago: I'm Mexican Food. Spicy yet dependable. I don't pull punches, but people still love me. That's so true!
    The soup looks good, by the way.

     
  • At 2/02/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Yeah, the quiz was fun. So you are spicy huh! What secrets you must keep ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home