Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dinner Tonight - Chicken with Apricots

Today was my day off and Zac was home with a fever and a cough. He is not better so I will be staying home with him tomorrow as well. He has been pretty quiet and not been very hungry today so I KNOW he is sick for sure. If he doesn't get better tomorrow, I guess it will be time for a call to the doc.

Dinner tonight was once again from The Minimalist Cooks Dinner by Mark Bittman. Chicken with Apricots just did not knock my socks off. Despite the vinegar and wine in the sauce, I felt it was too sweet. True to Bittman's style the dish was easy to prepare with only a few ingredients. I don't think it will be a repeater for us however. Maybe with a different dried fruit I would like it better.

I served this with some steamed broccoli and Crisp Potatoes from the same book. The potatoes were excellent. Crispy on the outside and fluffy and smooth on the inside. I have seen other chefs recommend par-boiling the potatoes before you roast or pan fry them and it really does make for a nice result. Again, a minimal number of ingredients for a very good side dish.

I have finally had the chance to make my experimental muffins I have been thinking about. I will post about them tomorrow. Until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home