Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Comfort Food at it's best - Chicken Pot Pie

Today I had to go to be recertified in CPR. What a way to spend your day off. It was scheduled from 10am to 3pm and thankfully we were done by 1:00. I am sure glad I do not have to use this skill very often and I only have to recert every 2 years.

Tonight's dinner from The Foster's Market Cookbook was Chicken Pot Pie with Foster's Herb Biscuits. This is comfort food! This was easy to put together and the flavor was out of this world. My only complaint is I think the filling should be a bit thicker.

The biscuits were light and fluffy. I usually do not make biscuits that are rolled out. I have a recipe from Cookwise by Shirley Corriher that I swear by because generally I am all thumbs when it comes to rolled and cut biscuits. These were the exception. The dough was very easy to work with and the biscuits are great. The herb I choose to add to the biscuit mix was chopped dill. This complimented the filling very well.

I am off work again tomorrow as this is my Saturday to work (oh joy). I hope to make something to take into work with me on Saturday. Check in over the weekend to see what is in the works. Until then, enjoy these recipes.
Recipes

7 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2006 09:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! What a meal! I'm impressed!

     
  • At 1/19/2006 09:48:00 PM, Blogger Erika W. said…

    I just LOVE pot pie. This recipe looks fantastic- I will have to give it a whirl very soon, I think. :-)

    Thanks for sharing it, and for sharing those mouth-watering pictures.

     
  • At 1/19/2006 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Wow is right! This looks awesome!

     
  • At 1/20/2006 05:42:00 AM, Blogger sailu said…

    Those pics are sure comforting...:)

     
  • At 1/20/2006 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Patti said…

    Beth and Erika, thank-you, it was an excellent dish.

    Joe and Sailu, thank you! I recently learned a new feature on my camera and it is good to know that others think the pics look much better than they did when I first started the blog.

     
  • At 1/23/2006 03:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Patty,
    It's Sarah at the tribune. I just wanted to tell you about this recipe for chicken pot pie that Paula Deen has on the food network website. It is so good. While not exactly healthy (it's made with cream or milk) it is sooo tasty! It's crust is made with a lattaced puff pastry. I suggest you try it out sometime.

     
  • At 1/23/2006 06:43:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Thanks Sarah, I will check it out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home