Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Yalumba Unwooded Chardonnay


Chardonnay is not a wine I will usually choose. Generally, I think they have too much oak. Last spring before the wine expert left my local wine store, he conducted a large tasting with over 50 wines. One was the Yalumba Unwooded Chardonnay. This is one Chardonnay that I really like. Big on citrus and tropical fruit, it has a nice, crisp, and refreshing taste. This goes well with grilled food in the summer and fish and chicken all year round. It sells for approximately $13.00.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2006 09:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I recently had Yalumba's Viognier (my new favorite variety of wine) and loved it. I got it at Whole Foods. If you've never tried Viognier, you should. You might like it...

     
  • At 1/20/2006 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Patti said…

    Beth, I do like Viognier. I will look to see if they have the Yalumba at the wine shop. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home