Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Dinner Tonight - Frittata

Wow, for all you 24 fans out there, I thought last nights episode was great! That is one show that really keeps you on the edge of your seat! 24 and Lost are the only TV shows I will watch on a regular basis. Most of what is on TV these days just doesn't interest me.

Since we are trying to stay with a "Meatless Monday" theme, tonights dinner from The Foster's Market Cookbook was Garden Vegetable Frittata. This was something very easy to put together and with a wonderful combination of flavors. I served it with just a little bit of sour cream on the side which was an excellent compliment to this vegetable laden dish. This will be a repeater for sure. As the author of the cookbook, Sara Foster says, you can use just about anything you have in your refrigerator in this dish. I think broccoli or asparagus would be nice. I followed the recipe for this outing but may change this one up the next time depending on what is available.

On tap for tomorrow is a couple of dishes that fit in with Sweetnicks ARF Tuesdays. Be sure to check out what I will be making with some dried cranberries. Until then, enjoy tonights recipe.

Recipes

2 Comments:

  • At 1/16/2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger sailu said…

    Patti,thanks for sharing this recipe...:)I am going to try this recipe.We dont get fresh rosemary here..:(
    I guess I will replace that with fresh coriander(cilantro).
    That pic is looking so appetizing.

     
  • At 1/17/2006 07:49:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    thanks for stopping sailu. I took what was leftover for my lunch today and it was just as good reheated. Let me know if you try this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home