Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Dinner Tonight - Gorgonzola!

Busy day at work today. I was on a roll this morning calling housekeeping and maintenance about some issues we were having all week. I guess by Friday I was just fed up. At least one of the problems was resolved today. My co-workers joked that they better not get on my bad side today. I actually work with a great group of people. All the staff are hard working and really seem to care about our patients.

Dinner tonight is once again from Rachael Ray but it is an old standby that I have served before. The original recipes come from Food Network but I have tweaked them abit. First up we have Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Gorgonzola. This is a quick and easy meal to put together and always pleases the guys. Thick tenderloin steaks finished off under the broiler with Gorgonzola cheese. Yum.

For the salad we had Bleu Cheese and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing. With a combination of baby spinach, Bleu Cheese, and glazed walnuts...well, what's there not to like! This is one of my favorite salads from Rachael and I like to serve it with steak. Also on the side we had some corn in butter sauce.

Tomorrow morning I am off to a Muncie tradition. Saturday morning at White Feather Farms. This is a local distributor of all kinds of cheese, nuts, grains, coffee, and some unusual items. Only open to the public on Saturday morning, it is the place to go for fresh cheese at wholesale prices. I am planning to take my camera and see if they will let me take some photos for the blog. On the shopping list is some fresh feta for tomorrow nights dinner and whatever else that might interest me. I have been working so many extra Saturdays that this will be my first trip there in months. I can't wait!

Enjoy the recipes and check in tomorrow to see what's cooking. Until then.

Recipes

2 Comments:

  • At 1/14/2006 04:18:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    I sure wish my DH liked blue and gorgonzola cheeses. It's also hard to get him to eat feta. I slip blue and gorgonzola into my salads whenever I can, and started melting it on top of MY steaks about 4 months ago.
    He DOES like brussels sprouts, and I think I have some pancetta in the fridge--but I just threw out some brussels sprouts that I forgot I had! Now I have to go buy some more. (Oh, how sad. Another trip to the produce market.) Thanks for the idea!

     
  • At 1/14/2006 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Cyndi, the steaks with bleu cheese are great! Let me know if you try the sprouts. They really are delicious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home