Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Whole Wheat French Bread Pizza anyone?

Tonight's dinner needed to be quick and easy since I had to work late. Pizza is always a hit with Zac and I saw this recipe from Rachael Ray and decided to give it a try. Now Rachael used a white bread but in the interest of health I subbed whole wheat. One of the interesting things about this dish is that it has no tomato product at all. And it contains healthy spinach. It is a way to hide the healthy greens in a food that kids will eat. Par for the course with RR's dishes are the portions sizes. HUGE. as written this serves 4, but 8 would be more reasonable. I served with a tossed salad and we called it a meal, with leftovers to spare.

The post is short tonight so I can veg out in front of the TV and finish the menu plan for the next week. On tap tomorrow is an original recipe of my own that the family requests on a frequent basis. Until then.


2 Comments:

  • At 1/07/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    Ooooh,, my DH would love this. He loves anything with Italian sausage in it. And since it's RR, I'm sure it will be a hit.

     
  • At 1/08/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    My DH and DS thought it was good, very filling. And witht he whole wheat bread, better on the carbs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home