Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, January 02, 2006

What did you call me?

Zac and I watched a movie on New Year's Eve and he got to choose the movie. He picked A Series of Unfortunate Events (Lemony Snickett). There is a scene in the movie where Count Olaf (played by Jim Carrey) makes the orphans prepare dinner. They make Puttanesca. When the orphans announce that dinner is Puttanesca, Count Olaf says "What did you call me?" Zac just loves that line and since he recently watched the movie, he requested Puttanesca for dinner.

Also known as "whore's pasta" this spicy dish was named after the spicy ladies of the evening. It calls for few ingredients, but is big on flavor and easy to put together. I served this with a simple salad and whole grain bread.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/02/2006 10:52:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    This looks tasty Patti! I thought that movie was a bit odd, but I do remember that scene!

     
  • At 1/03/2006 07:38:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Thanks Joe, I took some leftovers to work and it made a nice lunch. I also shared with a co-worker who thought it was good, even after I told him it had anchovies in it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home