Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hectic day and dinner report

Today my DS Chris returned to Orlando. He is talking about moving back closer to home. I think he is worried that his parents are getting old.

tonight's dinner was a quick and easy casserole I picked up from Joe at Culinary in the Desert
I modified Joe's version slightly and you can see his here

I added some chicken to the mix as my DH and DS Zac enjoy meals with meat in them. I found the dish very easy to prepare and quite flavorful as well. I used some white cheddar from Trader Joe's that is only available during the holiday season. It is Kerry Gold Aged Cheddar imported from Ireland. If you live near a TJ's and can pick some up before they are gone, it is a really wonderful cheese.

Zac groaned at first and said "Yuck, broccoli." However, after he tasted it he said "Hey, this is not too bad!" So that is a plus right there if a picky 13-yo gives his approval!

Back to work tomorrow after several days off. After I returned from the airport today there was a message on my answering machine from work telling me that there is to be a carry-in lunch on Saturday. They want me to make a dessert...guess I have a reputation to uphold!!

Until next time.


Broccoli-Noodle Casserole
Modified from Culinary in the Desert


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home