Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

First Post on my blog!!



I hope to use this blog to help get my numerous recipes in order, to share my triumphs and tragedies, learn to use my digital camera, and to get my creative juices flowing. I will also share about family and friends and anything else I feel the need to comment on. I hope you will join me and maybe find some inspiration of your own.

I thought I would use this first post to share about my family. I have a wonderful DH named Randy, two sons Chris and Zac, and pets Buster and Angus (a white dog and a black cat respectively). DH works as a newspaper editor for a small weekly newspaper. Chris is here visiting for the holidays from Florida. He flys home tomorrow. He works in the restaurant business. Zac is a teenager and for the most part much smarter than any of the rest of us. Sometimes his vast knowledge is downright frightening at times.

As for me, I am a Dialysis nurse during the day and a budding home chef when not at work. I have a collection of cookbooks that I need to cook from and enjoy reading cooking magazines.

I will try to post some photos of me and my family.

4 Comments:

  • At 12/28/2005 03:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A very lovely blog dear. What's for supper?
    Randy

     
  • At 1/03/2006 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heck, I wish we could eat during dialysis (like Gary) then we could get you to cook for us.
    Fred

     
  • At 1/03/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Fred, your a hoot!

     
  • At 1/09/2006 06:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok Patti, here's the recipe for Chicken and Artichokes
    Skinless boneless chicken breasts
    Can or two of Aritchoke hearts, rinsed
    Low sodium chicken brothe
    Cornstarch
    a couple of lemons
    Bowtie Pasta
    Rinsed capers and chopped Italian parsley for garnish
    Cut the chicken into chunks, dredge in cornstarch Saute in EVOO, when chicken is done pour chicken brothe with the juice of one lemon into the pan, add artichoke hearts, After a little time add cornstarch if sauce is not thick enough add a tablespoon of salt free butter and then pour over cooked pasta. Garnish with Capers lemon wedges and chpped parsley. Enjoy. I know you don't need amounts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home