Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bonny Doon "Pacific Rim" Dry Reisling


This is one of my favorite "everyday" wines. You can usually find this for under $10 a bottle. This wine is clean , crisp, and slightly fruity. Not sweet at all, which I prefer. Pale straw in color with a clean fragrance, I have served this with seafood and chicken as well as spicy foods. A good wine for people who do not usually drink wine. My DH even likes this and he is not a wine drinker at all.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/06/2006 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    I never knew that there were two different kinds of Rieslings, the dry and the sweet. I prefer the sweet. I was a German sweet (auslese and spatlese) wine drinker, and up until a few months ago drank almost nothing but white zinfandel here in the states. I discovered sweet rieslings, and LOVE 'em. My favorite's too expensive to have every day--Dragaonstone Leitz. It's $17-$25 a bottle.

     
  • At 1/07/2006 05:25:00 AM, Blogger Patti said…

    I enjoy the sweet reisling especially with spicy food. Also Gewurztraminer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home