Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Corned Beef and Cabbage for luck in the New Year!


As mentioned before, we always have Corned Beef and Cabbage on New Year's Day. My father always served this and proclaimed that it brought you luck in the New Year. I am not sure it always works, but it is a good old-fashioned way to start the year. In the past I have always prepared it the way my father did, simmer it gently on the stove for hours. This year since I have recently aquired a Le Creuset I decided to slow braise the meat in the oven. I do believe this is the best way I have ever prepared this. Even Zac had seconds, of cabbage no less! I served this with a crusty loaf of whole wheat bread to round out the meal.

Happy New Year to everyone. May the next year bring you much joy and prosperity.

Recipes

New Year Corned Beef and Cabbage
Makes 8-10 servings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home