Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Dinner Tonight

So far I have managed to plan tonight's dinner and tomorrow's. Not too shabby! I have also chosen a cookbook to cook from next week...Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats. Stay tuned to see what I choose for the next week.

tonight's main dish was an old standby from Cooking Light, Pecan-Crusted Tilapia. I could eat fish and seafood almost every night so I really enjoyed tonight's entree. It is simple to make and the fish comes out crispy and flaky. I like to squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on my fish before eating. I served this with 2 new recipes for us: Wilted Spinach with Garlic from Rachael Ray and Polenta with Cheese from Good Food Fast on the Food Network. The spinach was very fast and quite flavorful with the garlic. The polenta made a lot so I have plenty leftover for fried polenta slices later this weekend. It was creamy, comforting and quite tasty. Zac however was not impressed although he did like the fish. For the wine I choose this.

I go back to work tomorrow after being ill and having a couple days off. Zac heads back to school on Monday FINALLY. Most of the other schools around here resumed sometime this week. He is getting bored and Mom needs a break!

If I can get up early enough (my goal is 4 am on work days, I don't always obtain it) I am taking some muffins in to work tomorrow. The batter has to rest overnight so if I don't make them in the morning I will have to make them tomorrow evening. Until then I hope you enjoy today's offerings.
Recipes

3 Comments:

  • At 1/06/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    I LOVE fresh spinach. I can eat a whole bag full sauteed. I've never added garlic, but that sounds delicious. And since it's from RR, it must be good.

     
  • At 1/06/2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    The fish recipe is one I used to make all the time, one of our favorites!

     
  • At 1/07/2006 08:59:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Cyndi, RR actually has several versions of Wilted Spinach all varied ever so slightly and all with garlic. You just have to watch that you don't burn the garlic before you get the spinach in the pan.
    Joe, we need to eat more fish and with a dish like this it is easy to get the guys to eat it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home