Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Chicken and Horseradish?

Tonight's meal choice from Rachael was Chicken in Horseradish Pan Sauce over Orange and Herb Couscous along with Baby Spinach Salad with Mandarin Oranges and Red Onions. I was a bit skeptical about this one, but once again we have a winner. The sauce was very tasty and not overly bitey from the horseradish. The couscous was lacking something however. The orange flavor was not real pronounced. Maybe adding some juice from the orange along with the zest would brighten it up more.

Spinach and mandarin oranges are always a winning combination in my book so I really loved the salad. I choose this salad to accompany the main dish because I thought the orange flavors of both would complement each other. They did so beautifully. The dressing was not overly sweet which was a plus. I used Smuckers Simply Fruit Orange Marmalade. The Simply Fruit line from Smuckers is my favorite choice for jams.

Now it is time to go settle in to watch Lost tonight. After a month-long hiatus I am anxious to find out what is up next for these castaways. Until tomorrow.

Recipes


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home