Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I forgot the muffins!

I almost forgot about the muffins I made for work Saturday! In my hast to get out the door, I failed to take a picture of them, so no pic. I modified a recipe from the King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion for Oatmeal Muffins. I subbed KA white whole wheat flour for the AP flour. They are not very sweet and with the oats, whole wheat flour, and raisins, a healthy alternative to traditional sugary muffins.

Oatmeal Muffins
adapted from King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion

Ingredients:
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoon melted butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups KA white whole wheat flour
1 cup golden raisins

Directions:
1. Combine the oats and buttermilk in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

2. Preheat oven to 425 F. Add the brown sugar, butter, egg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the buttermilk/oat mixture. Gently stir in the flour and raisins. Fill 12 greased muffins cups to the rim and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the muffin pan for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely.

I leave you with my WCB entry. A pic of Angus looking out at the world with anticipation. Check out the others at EatStuff.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/08/2006 07:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kitties love watching the world pass by....
    I think that is why Kiri likes travelling in the car so much, apart from the extra attention of course ;)

     
  • At 1/09/2006 08:37:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    You are so right clare. Hope you are feeling better.

     
  • At 1/11/2006 06:19:00 AM, Blogger boo_licious said…

    There must have been something really interesting at the window - hope it was a birdie.

    Lots of love

    Boo the cat

     

Post a Comment

<< Home