Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

White Feather Farms

Well my trip to White Feather Farms was certainly productive as you can see here.

I picked up some Feta Cheese, Vermont Cheddar, Jarlsberg, Smoked Gouda, grated Parmesan and grated Three Cheese Blend, Quinoa, and a can of Crab Meat. That was the real bargain at only $4.50. I should have bought more than one but I have never tried this in the can before though I have seen it at Meijer and at Costco. Maybe some crab cakes this week?

The employees at White Feather Farms were very gracious and allowed me to play with my camera until it died.


Some kind of bleu, I did not need any but it sure looked good!

Cutting my slice of feta

Some Gouda

Jarslberg (yummo!)

I also picked up some beef hot dogs for the kid at only 50 cents a package. He had some for lunch and proclaimed them very good. Those finds are rare and usually only available until they are gone. Once I picked up some Plugra for $1.00 a pound. They have never had it since.

Dinner tonight was my last entree from Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats. DH really liked tonight's meal but said he is happy I am moving on to another cookbook for next week. Greek-Style Garlic Shrimp with Orzo and Caesar Salad was on the menu this evening and it was delicious (shrimp, feta, olives...you can't go wrong with that combination)! This was very flavorful and easy to put together. Instead of the recommended kalamata olives, I used a blend of olives as I have a large jar of them in the fridge. The olives and the feta added just the right amount of saltiness to this dish. After I prepped all the ingredients, it was done in under 10 minutes which would make it an easy weeknight meal. I only wish I could have found a whole grain orzo for this. I wonder if it would be good over quinoa? I may have to find out!

I have planned the menu for next week and the book I will be cooking from is The Foster's Market Cookbook by Sara Foster.
There are some terrific meals in this book and I cannot wait to get started. Dinner tomorrow will be from this wonderful book so check back in.

Until then, enjoy the recipe.
Greek-Style Garlic Shrimp and Orzo
adapted from 365: No Repeats by Racheal Ray

So we say so-long to Racheal, for a while anyway.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/15/2006 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    wow, what great bargains. Im going to have to tell my friend about that place. She is from Muncie, but lives in Ann Arbor. Her daughter lives in Muncie so she goes to visit her a lot. Maybe she already knows about it. I buy that canned crab at Trader Joe's and its 8.99. The crab cakes are awesome though.

     
  • At 1/15/2006 07:59:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    randi, yeah there are some great bargains at WFF. I bet if your friend is from Muncie, she will have heard of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home