Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dinner Tonight - Roast Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cranberries

I had a busy and productive day at work. I will be taking an exam to become a Certified Nephrology Nurse on February 18. I was able to attend the first of weekly review sessions until the test. Today's topics were anemia and kidney transplant. I have a lot of studying to do between now and the test and I am very fortunate to have the review sessions to attend. It is a difficult exam.

Dinner tonight from The Foster's Market Cookbook was Roast Pork Tenderloin with Dried Cranberries and Rosemary. This was a very good dish. The pork was very tender and moist with excellent flavor. I put the marinade ingredients together this morning before I left for work and let it marinate all day. When I got home I just popped it into a pre-heated skillet to brown and then in the oven for approximately 25 minutes. Could not have been simpler. The guys are a little adverse to fruited meat, but this one was a winner. I served it with leftover Mac-N-Cheese and wilted spinach. Thus far all the recipes I have used from this book have been great.

For the wine I served Sockeye Pinot Noir from Oregon. This is one of my favorite wines. The local wine shop that sells this recently lost their wine expert and the shop was unable to get this wine in for weeks. Fortunately they had some when I stopped in last Saturday. This is not too dry and has a nice fruity aroma and taste. I am not a wine review expert, I just know what I like and if you like Pinot Noir, I highly recommend this one.

Also for you tonight is a recipe for Oatmeal Apple Muffins. These are great for grab and go mornings and very healthy to boot! I saw this recipe in the magazine supplement of my Sunday paper and knew I had to try it. The recipe comes from USA Weekend and allrecipes.com

So with these recipes I have the ARF Tuesdays covered for this week! Stop on over to Sweetnicks for the roundup. Enjoy the recipes. Until tomorrow

3 Comments:

  • At 1/17/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    I have that muffin marked to try out sometime too from the same newspaper!

     
  • At 1/17/2006 11:16:00 PM, Blogger Little Mama said…

    Wow, that pork looks wonderful. This is my first year to really use many cranberries in dishes and this may have to be one to try, before those tart little treats are gone till next year.

     
  • At 1/18/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Joe, let me know what you think of the muffins after you try them. I really liked them.
    Punky, that pork was very wonderful. Dried cranberries are nice to use for all kinds of things and you can use them all year!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home