Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Late, Late, Late

This was a day for being late all around. First, I left for work and we had received about 2 inches of snow overnight. No big deal, I live 1 mile from my job. Well, at 5:45 am it was SLICKER THAN ... out there and I was consequently 2 minutes late for work. Then the day progressed in such a way that I got a late lunch break. After work, I stopped to pick up some dark beer to make tonight’s dinner. Now, I don’t often purchase beer. Wine, yes. Beer, no. OMG, choosing beer is worse than choosing a bottle of wine! Who knew there were so many to choose from? Lager, Amber, Pale Ale, Wheat Beer, Pumpkin Beer, and the list goes on and on. I finally asked a young gentleman who was buying a case of Coors if he could recommend something. I settled on Beck’s Dark Beer. Thus, my dilemma with choosing beer made my trip home longer than I expected, which made dinner late. We finally were able to eat about 8pm. Then Lost came on so now my evening post is late.

So what was for dinner you may ask? Fiery Three-Bean Chili from The Foster’s Market Cookbook. Oh boy, when they say Fiery, that is what they mean. I really did not think it would be all that hot but my mouth was on fire. The flavors were excellent thou. DH said "Where's the meat? You cannot make chili without meat." Even so, he still liked it and so did Zac. They can both tolerate hot a little better than me. I will be taking a Pepcid before I go to bed tonight for sure. Until tomorrow.

Recipes


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home