Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, January 23, 2006

ARF Tuesday (a day early) and the 7's Meme

I mentioned yesterday that I have been on the prowl for a good mushroom soup recipe. Fast Creamy Mushroom Soup from The Minimalist Cooks Dinner is the closest I have come so far. This was very simple to prepare and the result was a rich and tasty soup. Bittman uses dried along with fresh mushrooms in this version. The stock from the re-hydrating of the dried mushrooms adds richness and depth of flavor to the base of the soup. I thought the soup did lack a little something so I added a few drops of hot sauce which really perked it up. This soup delivers big flavor for very little effort in preparation.

Be sure to head over to Sweetnicks tomorrow night for the ARF roundup. I've got it covered!

Fast Creamy Mushroom Soup

I have been tagged for the 7's cooking meme by Michele over at Chef Michele's Adventures (Thank-you Michele)! After much thought, here we go.

Seven Culinary Things to do Before I Die
1. Make a souffle.
2. Cook and serve a whole lobster (yes, I have never done this)
3. Meet Alton Brown
4. Enter a cooking contest and win
5. Make my own wine
6. Make my own cheese
7. Live in a house with a large, well equipped kitchen

Seven Things I Can't do in The Kitchen
1. Make a perfect pie crust
2. Cook if there are just a few dirty dishes in the sink
3. Crack an egg with one hand
4. Keep my cabinets neat and organized so DH doesn't get upset
5. Flip food in the skillet with a flick of the wrist (like the TV chefs)
6. Peel and chop onions without needing a tissue (just like Michele)!
7. Prepare a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal in 30 minutes

Seven Things That Attract Me to Food Blogging
1. It is FUN
2. Helps me organize my recipes
3. Utilizes my cookbooks
4. Did I mention it is fun?
5. I am learning more about my digital camera
6. Learning about HTML and building web sites
7. Meeting new friends online

Seven Thing I Say Most Often While Cooking
1. Oh s--t!
2. Ouch
3. Oh man, I am out of ____
4. Don't touch that, it is for dinner later
5. Get out of my way!
6. When you are through, clean up your mess
7. Dinner's ready!

Seven Cookbooks I Love
1. King Arthur Flour Baking Companion
2. Cookwise
3. I'm Just Here For The Food
4. I'm Just Here For More Food
5. 30 Minute Meals 2
6. How To Be a Domestic Goddess
7. Nigella Bites

Seven Cooking Shows I Can Watch Over and Over Again
1. Good Eats
2. 30 Minute Meals
3. Everyday Italian
4. Iron Chef (original or America)
5. Nigella Bites
6. Food 911
7. Barefoot Contessa

That's it! I now tag Alysha at The Savory Notebook, Erika at Tummy Treasure, and Punky at Busy Nights Real Food.

Until tomorrow.

6 Comments:

  • At 1/23/2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I posted this on your other blog (recipes only?) and just saw your post on CL--now I 'know' who you are. I'll add your blog to my page this week. I still need to try that soup. Yum.

     
  • At 1/24/2006 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Randi said…

    my friend made anthondy bourdains mushroom soup in her blog( foodmomiac.typepad.com) and she raves about it.

     
  • At 1/24/2006 08:16:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Thanks for stopping by Jennifer!

    Randi, thanks for the link to your friend's blog, I will check it out.

     
  • At 1/24/2006 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Cate said…

    If you want another creamy mushroom soup recipe to try, I have a fantastic one...

     
  • At 1/25/2006 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Felicia said…

    I love mushroom soup and this one looks so good. I can't wait to give it a try.

     
  • At 1/25/2006 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Sweetnicks, I checked yours and it does look good too. Now, to decide which one to try next.

    sorceress, if you try this, let me know what you think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home