Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Quiet Sunday

Not a lot to blog about today. I kept busy doing household chores and planning next week's menu. I did make some chicken stock and I discovered that the Italian Batter Bread I made the other day makes excellent croutons! The boys have been requesting a meal that I only make about twice a year so I decided to accommodate them today. Thus dinner tonight was Fried Chicken. I like to use Alton Brown's method of marinating the chicken pieces in buttermilk overnight and then draining, seasoning, dredging, and frying. The boys were quite pleased. We also had Broccoli and Carrots with Toasted Almonds that Joe over at Culinary in The Desert made a few days ago.

So that's it for tonight. Be sure to checkout Weekend Dog Blogging over at Sweetnicks. I am off to watch Iron Chef America. I will leave you with a pic of the 168 ounces of chicken stock I made today! Whoo-hoo, the freezer is stocked with stock for a while!

3 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2006 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    The stock is cool, but the first thing I noticed was those cool storage containers that all stack together on a round turntable. I almost got a set--do you like yours?

     
  • At 1/29/2006 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    That's a lot of stock! How did the broccoli and carrots turn out? We liked them!

     
  • At 1/30/2006 05:10:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Cyndi, yes I do like mine, definately less clutter. And you can purchase extra sets of the containers and lids.
    Joe, the broccoli and carrots were great! Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home