Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Pizza Night!

Not much to post about today. We had homemade pizza for dinner. I modified a pizza crust recipe from Wolfgang Puck by using white whole wheat flour (I Love this stuff!). If there is one thing Wolfie knows, it is pizza! The recipe is pretty simple and always produces a good crust. Using the whole wheat made it a little nutty tasting as well, not a bad thing in my book!

This is my weekend off work so I have a lot to do around the house plus planning the menu for next week. I hope I can go to White Feather Farms and find some more of that $4.50 canned crab! It will probably not be available though. I knew I should have bought more than one can last time!

That's it for tonight. I have some wine reviews that I hope to post this weekend. Check in tomorrow to see what's cookin'.

Recipes



4 Comments:

  • At 1/27/2006 09:45:00 PM, Blogger Alysha said…

    That pizza look awesome! I haven't done homemade pizza in quite a while - your picture is making me crave it!

     
  • At 1/27/2006 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    I'm really intrigued by the white whole wheat flour. I've never heard of it. Do you know if it is lower on the glycemic index than other types of white flour, similar to other whole wheat flours. (If it is, I would be so excited to have discovered it.)

     
  • At 1/28/2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Michele said…

    Mmmmm! I've been craving pizza all day. I think I'll make one next week :)

     
  • At 1/28/2006 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Alysha and Michele, I have not made homemade pizza in a while. Not sure why because it really is not that difficult and so much better than take-out.

    Kalyn, I think the nutritional values of the white whole wheat would be just like regular whole wheat from the description on the King Arthur website. I am not sure however. Thanks for stopping by. I really like your site and will be adding a link on mine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home