Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Curry!

I did make it to White Feather Farms today and I was able to pick up a few more cans of crab for $4.50 a can. Wow, that is an unbelievable price. I did not need any more cheese but they did have some samples of Barvarian Swiss and the price was good so I picked up a small package. While I was waiting in line to pay, a gentleman behind me was talking to Lisa, the owner of WFF about a Gorgonzola and pear spread with dried cranberries he had at Trader Joe's. He was buying Gorgonzola and dried cranberries and he said he was going to try to re-create it. My thought was that it is kind of funny how foodies all know where to shop for the good stuff!

We have been in the process of slowly remodeling the kitchen. It can be a slow process when you work as much as we do. We managed to get some drywall mudding out of the way and it will soon be ready to sand and paint. Not sure when we can get back on it since I work next weekend. Tomorrow my day will be tied up with laundry and other housework. It never seems to be done.

Tonight's dinner is the last one for this week from The Minimalist Cooks Dinner. I am kind of sorry to see this book end...for now anyway. There have been some very quick and easy yet terrific meals from this book. Tonight was no exception. Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk would be a wonderful work night meal and is packed with good flavor. With only 5 ingredients (minus the cooking oil and seasonings) it was together and on the table in about 30-40 minutes. I served it over some brown rice that I prepared in some vegetable broth. We had a salad with viniagrette along with this and it was well received by all. Even Zac said "I like curry."


No pics tonight for Weekend Cat Blogging or Weekend Dog Blogging. The animals are getting a bit weary of me taking their pictures. They hide if they see me with the camera so I guess I will give them a break. Kiri is on holiday over at Eat Stuff so Boo the cat at Masak-Masak is hosting WCB. Be sure to check it out. And check out Kalyn's Kitchen for Weekend Herb Blogging and Sweetnicks for WDB.

So, Goodbye to Mark Bittman for awhile. Next week I will not be cooking from a specific cookbook but from a magazine, Cooking Light. Check in to see what is cookin'. Until then.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/28/2006 09:50:00 PM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    This sounds wonderful. I like your idea of cooking from the same source for a week. I don't think I can be that disciplined, but I love the idea of it.

     
  • At 1/29/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Actually, it makes it easier when I plan the menu, no looking through many sources for recipes for the week, only one source to look through!

     
  • At 1/30/2006 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    The chicken looks good. I may have to throw that on the menu for this week's lunch bunch. Hmmmm....I'm on a 'mission' of sorts to make myself use what I have in my pantry as I have quite the stockpile of stuff. This looks like it'll fit the bill!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home