Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Crabby Pasta!

Have you ever just had a craving for something so bad you just had to stop and get it? I had a craving after work today for grapes (at least it was something healthy!). I stopped at the local grocery and it was fate since they had them on sale! I picked up some beautiful black grapes. I know I will be taking some to work with me tomorrow.


For dinner tonight I wanted to use some of the canned crab I bought recently so I decided on a new recipe I got from CopyCat Recipes for Crab Alfredo. It is supposed to be a clone of a famous chain seafood restaurant's dish. This was good, but it was very thick. I added some pasta water to thin it some, but as it cooled it became thicker. I used Fat Free Half and Half instead of cream so I cannot imagine how thick it would be if you used regular cream or half and half! I will make this again, only add more liquid or reduce the butter/flour mixture. The flavor was very good and the crabmeat really came through. It was not overpowered by the Parmesan cheese in the sauce. I served this over Barilla Plus spaghetti and we had a salad along with it. I did make a Basic Vinaigrette to serve on the salad that is very simple and very good that I copied from a cookbook I picked up at the library.

Tomorrow after work I have a mandatory meeting to attend so I won't be home until late. The big wigs at work are feeding us at the meeting so the boys will be on their own tomorrow unless I feel really generous and rambunctious after work. Until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home