Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Busy Week Ahead!

Hello all! Wow, I was thinking today about all I have going on over the next 10 days or so. First of all, we have been thinking about a move to a different house. That has been occupying my thoughts a lot. Can we afford it? Do I really want to clean a 3000 square foot house? On the other hand, the price would be right, I would be living in the house with a big kitchen, it is a historic home that is being restored so it should not require any repairs right away. Decisions, decisions.
On Saturday evening we are going to see Phantom of The Opera at a dinner theatre in Indianapolis. Valentines day we go see B.B. King (Oh Yeah!). Then on the 18th I take the big Nephology Exam. I have to study more and I hate studying. Oh well, enough about that. Suffice it to say, I have a lot on my plate right now!

On our plates tonight was some good old-fashioned Hoosier pork chops. I simply rubbed the chops with a small amount of olive oil and seasoned with sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and marjoram. Then they were seared in a hot cast-iron skillet. Simple fare. I served Lemon Roasted Asparagus on the side. Very good and quick to get to the table, under 30 minutes actually (Take that Rachael!)

Be sure to check out Dispensing Happiness tonight as Stephanie is hosting ARF Tuesday for Sweetnicks who is on vacation someplace warm and tropical! Must be nice, I could use something warm and tropical about now! Have a good night and check in tomorrow to see what's cookin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home