Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, February 06, 2006

California Dreamin'

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I went for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

Remember that old song by The Mamas & The Papas? That song kept running through my head as I prepared dinner. California Cobb Salad is a refreshing and summery treat on such a winter's day here in Indiana. This tasty salad comes from Fresh Everyday by Sara Foster. It begins with a bed of two greens, lettuce (I used red leaf) and arugula. Arugula is also known as Rocket. This peppery flavored herb is a favorite of mine to use in salads.

Topping the greens are eggs, bacon, cucumber, grape tomatoes, avocado (another favorite) and blue cheese. Dressed with a homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette and you have a salad that is hard to beat. You can also add some cooked shredded chicken if desired. Yum.

That is all for tonight. Be sure to check in tomorrow to see what's cooking. Until then.

Recipe
California Cobb Salad
adapted from Fresh Everday by Sara Foster


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home