Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Buffalo

Got the weekend off OH YEAH! Tomorrow evening we go to Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre in Indianapolis for dinner and to see Phantom of The Opera. We have been to Beef and Boards several times and the shows have always been excellent. Dinner is buffet style with generally always prime rib, chicken, and fish along with numerous sides, salads, and fresh fruit. I will take my camera and shoot some pics of the food if they allow it. If you are ever staying in the Indianapolis area, Beef and Boards is a fun evening.

No recipes to review tonight but I do have some product reviews.

Great Range Ground Buffalo

For dinner we had Bison Burgers and fries. We have not had burgers and fries for a long time and this is one of Zac's favorite meals (typical teenager). Bison meat is very lean, 90% lean to be exact. This meat has much more flavor than 90% lean ground beef. This is the brand that our local Marsh Supermarket has available about every 6 weeks. In addition to the ground meat, they also have steaks available. At $4.99 per pound for the ground bison, it compares in price to extra lean ground beef.

For the fries we had Alexia brand frozen gourmet Sweet Potato Fries. I am not a big fan of convenience foods, but I think these are really good. No trans fats and all natural ingredients. They come in a variety of styles and flavors. We like the sweet potato fries and the Rosemary and Olive Oil Potatoes the best. These are definitely not greasy as some frozen fries are and they have pretty good flavor. Every once in a while, convenience foods do come in handy. When I do resort to them, I always try to feed my family the highest quality I can find.





4 Comments:

  • At 2/10/2006 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Randi said…

    I love that brand of fries, they are as close to real spuds as you can get.

     
  • At 2/12/2006 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Randi, thanks for stopping by. Which varieties of the Alexia potatoes have you tried?

     
  • At 2/12/2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger Jeff in NC said…

    We also just noticed that one of the local grocery stores has started carrying buffalo - ground and steaks. I think we are going to have to try them very soon. How would you describe the taste - similar to beef?

     
  • At 2/13/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Jeff, thanks for stopping by. We think the buffalo has a little bit more flavor than beef. It is not gamey, just beefier (if that makes sense).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home