Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre

The show at Beef and Boards last night was fantastic. For a small stage production of Phantom, it was very well done and all the performers were superb. Tony Lawson played the role of Erik, or The Phantom with passion. His voice was very powerful and haunting. Krista Severeid as Christina demonstrated a magnificent range with her singing voice. Other performers included Peter Kevoian, Timothy Ford, and Beef and Boards regulars Ty Stover, Suzanne Stark, and Jeff Stockberger. Phantom will be playing at Beef and Boards until the first week in April. If you are in the Indianapolis area, this is one show not to miss.

The menu on the buffet included Carved Roast Beef, Sesame Chicken, Blazing Red Fish, Noodles Alfredo, Mixed Vegetable Blend, Roasted Potatoes, Braised Red Cabbage, and the salad and fruit bar. The fish and the cabbage were very good. I did not have any of the beef but DH declared it excellent. We had a bottle of Wyndham Estate Bin 555 Shiraz with the meal. I have had this wine there before and it is a fruity and spicy shiraz with a bit of creaminess on the tongue. We choose to have our dessert at intermission. DH and I both had Creamsicle Cheesecake and Zac had Chocolate Moose with a Phantom mask iced on top. The cheesecake was very rich and creamy and Zac said the same about the moose. A very fun evening indeed.

After the show we went further south to Bloomington to spend the night with DH's brother and his wife, Roger and Cindy. We stayed up late catching up and making plans for our summer houseboat trip. We headed home this morning making another stop in Indianapolis at Costco to pick up a few needed items.

I will not be posting much this week as I need to spend much time studying for the Certified Nephrology Exam next Saturday. I have to present a topic at the review session Tuesday and I have not even read that section yet. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Enjoy the photos from the buffet. Cameras during the performances are prohibited, but I could photo as much of the food as I wanted!





























































Remember to check out Weekend Cat Blogging at Eat Stuff, Weekend Herb Blogging at Kalyn's Kitchen, and Weekend Dog Blogging at Sweetnicks.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home