Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cheese Sandwich & Soup


Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I am still furiously studying for the Certified Nephrology Nurse exam. I will post a roundup this weekend after the test.

For dinner tonight it was soup and sandwich night, CHEESE SANDWICHES to be exact! I used some homemade bread I made yesterday and some wonderful Vermont White Cheddar Cheese. Buttered the outside of the bread slices and grilled them up in the skillet. Wonderful, yet simple food. Along with these we had Potato Soup. I never really follow a recipe for Potato Soup, I usually just wing it as I go. You start with chopped carrot, onion, celery, and cubed potatoes. Preheat a soup pot with a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil. Add the veggies and saute for a couple minutes. Then add about 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper to taste, and cook just enough so the flour doesn't taste raw. Add 1 quart of chicken stock and simmer until veggies are tender. Then add some milk, about 2 cups or so. Heat through and serve with grated cheddar cheese and/or bacon bits if desired. Good SIMPLE stuff!

Back to the studying. At least I am off work tomorrow and I can study all day a (sounds like a fun way to spend your day off doesn't it). Check in over the weekend to see what's cookin'.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home