Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

ARF Tuesday-Garlic

While perusing the Cooking Light Bulletin Boards the other day, I came upon two good sounding recipes I wanted to try. Once I copied the recipes into Mastercook, I realized they were both creations of the same person, Jewel. Jewel has been a frequent poster on the BB and often offers her own recipes or tweaks of other recipes. These two were just perfect since I had some beef chuck to use up and some canned pumpkin.

First up is Garlic Harvest Soup. This is packed with fresh veggies and tons of garlic. The garlic is not overpowering and really adds a nice dimension to the finished product. With the addition of barley and wild rice for fiber (my Mastercook gives the nutrition at 45 grams fiber per serving) this is a soup that is good and good for you. A perfect addition to Sweetnicks ARF Tuesday event.

Next up is Spicy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Pumpkin and cheesecake...what's not to like about this! I wanted to make something to take into work tomorrow and with the fall-like weather we are having now I thought this would be perfect. I have not taken a treat into work for quite some time and my co-workers are continually reminding me of that. A mixture of brown sugar, pecans, butter, spices, and Bisquick forms the crust and topping. The filling is eggs, pumpkin, spices, sugar, and cream cheese. I used the 1/3 less fat cream cheese with no ill effects. This bakes up quickly and looks great also. I will have to let you know what the co-workers think of this. I did get a small taste of the filling before baking and it was very tasty.

So thanks go out to Jewel for these great recipes. Be sure to check out Sweetnicks for the other ARF Tuesday submissions. And check out the Cooking Light Bulletin Board. It is a fun place to hang and all the people are great!

4 Comments:

  • At 9/28/2006 07:09:00 PM, Blogger Alysha said…

    Jewel's soup is on my to try list which seems to be growing and growing. :)

     
  • At 10/02/2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Let me know if you like it Alysha!

     
  • At 10/08/2006 05:13:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    Ooh ooh - I think I'm going to try this, but try to make it with whole-grain baking mix from Trader Joes, Splenda brown sugar blend, and see how it is. I'll let you know!

     
  • At 10/15/2006 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said…

    Just letting you know that I'm including your soup recipe today for South Beach Recipes of the Week, where I spotlight South Beach friendly recipes I find on other food blogs. It includes your photograph (with a photo credit for you, of course) and a link to the recipe. I think a lot of people will love this recipe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home