Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pumpkin Butter - makes it taste like Autumn

I finally got to the canning of the Pumpkin Butter today. This was a very easy project and can be made any time of the year. The base is canned pumpkin along with sugar, spices, and the pectin. The finished product is thick and smooth with a bit of a tang to it from the pectin. I think if I make it again, I may try it with less sugar as the pumpkin flavor was not all that prominent. It is still good and spicey however and a pleasant reminder that fall is just around the corner.

Recipe

4 Comments:

  • At 9/06/2006 11:26:00 PM, Blogger Cyndi said…

    Mmmmm. Pumpkin butter. Definitely sounds good. I didn't know it had pectin. Does that act as a preservative or make it thick?

     
  • At 9/10/2006 12:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love pumpkin butter. Your looks yummy.

    I have to go and check out that marinara sauce now.

     
  • At 9/14/2006 01:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yum! That looks so delicious. =)

     
  • At 9/15/2006 02:39:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Cyndi, I think maybe the pectin acts as both. I have to say, I tried this a couple days later at work and it really tasted like pumpkin then. The tang was no longer evident.

    Coffepot, did you try the marinara?

    jaay, some of my co-workers tasted it and said I need to sell it. Hmm, maybe a new venture in my future?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home