Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Chipotle Glazed Chicken, ARF Tuesday

Hope everyone is now finally getting some relief from the heat. It was a nice 82 here today. What a refreshing change of pace! I was able to go out and do some drastic trimming to some of my herb plants today (I forgot to take before and after photos...I still can't get used to being able to use my digital camera anytime I want and not worry about film). I drastically trimmed some leggy oregano and some mint. I have no worries about either one of them as I have done this before and it just makes them come back more full and beautiful before the fall.

We finally got our first tomatoes from the garden. Just a few Roma tomatoes, the others are still green. Randy planted some banana peppers (1 plant) and it is going nuts! We have gotten so many peppers from it! He also planted what he thought was small cayenne peppers but the start out long and green and the curl up and turn red. I don't know what kind they are.

Dinner tonight was a dish from Rachael Ray that I watched her make the other day. I had all the ingredients except cashews so I just left them out and modified the recipe. This was full of flavor and spice! This was a combination of Asian and Southwestern flavors and they worked well together. Even picky eater Zac declared it a hit! Once I pre-prepped all the ingredients, it was a snap to throw together. I used Uncle Ben's Parboiled Brown Rice (you could always use the regular if desired). I like this because it cooks a bit faster and since it is parboiled, the grains separate nicely. I think I read somewhere that parboiled rice has a lower glycemic index also. This is a dish full of veggies and would be very adaptable to the addition of more or different veggies. I am submitting this for ARF Tuesday over at Sweetnicks. Be sure to check out the other great submissions over there.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home