Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, June 05, 2006

How does your garden grow?

Things have been busy around the homestead lately. I finally managed to get the garden planted and here is how it looked last week.

This photo shows the tomato plants.

This photos shows the pepper plants.

I have also planted some lettuce, green beans, and mesculan mix. I also have my small herb garden with parsley, chives, sage, basil, rosemary, spearmint, peppermint, oregano, and thyme. I can't wait for some fresh from the vine tomatoes!

Our oldest son Chris has returned home for the time being. He is working here in town again and has been home a week. He is helping us around the house a lot and will be able to mind the animals next week when we leave for VACATION!!! We will be staying on a houseboat in southern Indiana at Patoka Lake. It will be nice to get away from the phones and enjoy some peaceful time with nature. I won't want to come home!

Dinner tonight we had a favorite grilled salmon from Cooking Light. Maple-Glazed Salmon begins with a spicy rub on the salmon filets that are then grilled to perfection. Just before taking the filets off the grill, you brush them with maple syrup. The combination of the spicy and sweet is just right. I made the rub and seasoned the filets, while Chris grilled them. We also had some grilled corn on the cob and a pasta side from Giada De Laurentiis, Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Red Pepper Flakes. A nice and quick meal to put together and very satisfying on a pleasant summer evening.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home