Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Friday, March 17, 2006

WCB

Cooking post to follow.

I got up yesterday morning and my cat Angus was bleeding. He had a wound on his neck and on his left leg. I thought he had been hit by a car. DH and I took him to the vet and it turns out he had an extensive infection under the skin that had begun to drain. About a month ago I pulled a thorn from his neck and it only bled a little at the time and he seemed fine. It is possible that this is where this came from. He has an open wound that is packed and is on some powerful antibiotics. He may require another surgery to close the wound if any more tissue dies.

Here he is with his new neck gear.

Check out all the other cute and hopefully healthy kitties this weekend at Eat Stuff.


6 Comments:

  • At 3/17/2006 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    Oh poor kitty! I hope Angus gets better quickly!

     
  • At 3/18/2006 07:50:00 PM, Blogger ZaZa said…

    Poor Angus. That must be really uncomfortable. I hope it heals up without further problems. At least he hasn't lost his appetite. That's a good sign.

     
  • At 3/19/2006 12:03:00 AM, Blogger Jelly said…

    I hope your kitty is feeling a lot better soon. Poor Angus! I love his name, though!

     
  • At 3/19/2006 12:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, poor guy! But, he is very lucky to have such a good parent. I've had cats that developed terrible infections from wounds that didn't drain properly.

     
  • At 3/19/2006 03:38:00 PM, Blogger boo_licious said…

    Get well soon Angus! It'll clear up soon.

    Lots of love

    Boo the cat

     
  • At 3/20/2006 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Patti said…

    Thank you everyone. I will be posting an updat shortly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home