Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Monday, March 06, 2006

A Toast to Me and a Double Duty Recipe!

First of all, a big toast to me! I passed the Certified Nephrology Nurse Exam! Everyone from my organization passed! What a big relief. So if you are enjoying a glass of wine this evening, lift a toast to me!


Now on to the Double Duty Recipe! This is a recipe of Rachael Ray's that I modified a bit to use some ground sirloin I had in the freezer. Florentine Meatballs combine all the wonderful ingredients of meatballs along with spinach (which officially qualifies me as a Sneaky Mom).
I actually made these on Friday and served Meatball Subs on my own homemade sub buns.
The recipe originally makes 12 large meatballs, but I made 30 small meatballs. It is a Double Duty recipe because I had enough meatballs left over to make Spaghetti with Meatballs this evening for dinner. Cook once and use twice, what a great concept!

I came home from work Saturday and DH surprised me with a new computer! Ours was about 5 years old and on it's last leg. I have been spending what time I have had over the weekend trying to get my login set up the way I wanted and transferring files and such. It is a big job, but fun none the less. The old computer will become Zac's for him to use until it dies a slow and painful death (or it may be a fast death with Zac at the helm).

That is it for this evening. I am off to get my Monday 24 fix, which is a 2 hour fix this week. Be sure to check out The Savory Notebook for the VRC roundup of the week and tune in to Sweetnicks tomorrow for ARF Tuesday. Check back later this week to see what's cookin.
Recipe

Meatball Subs using Florentine Meatballs

Spaghetti and Florentine Meatballs

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home