Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Too Little Time

Lately time has been a precious commodity. It just seems like there is so much to do and too little time to do all the things I want to do. I have been wanting to get a better handle on all my "To Try" recipes and all my "Tried and True" recipes. I use Mastercook, but I don't think I use it to it's full potential.

I have taken a renewed interest in quick to get on the table dishes such as those of Rachael Ray's. Last week I happened to catch her new talk show a couple time and made the dishes she cooked on the show in her "What's For Dinner" segment. The first one was Spicy Thai Chicken. This was quick and done in just under 30 minutes. Very flavorful and well liked by everyone. I usually like to take the leftovers to work, but this time there were no leftovers! This will become a quick go to meal around here.


Second up was Vegetable Ravioli Lasagna. I have made a ravioli lasagna before with ravioli from Trader Joe's that is very good, so I thought I would give this a try. I added mushrooms to the mix and cut back on the cheese topping and only used 1 Family Sized package of ravioli (Rachael called for 2, but that would be WAY too much IMO). Still made a large pan and this time I had plenty to take to work and share the next day. My co-workers all wanted the recipe! The most time consuming part of this dish is the chopping of all the veggies but it is sure worth it in the end!
Veggies for the lasagna

Recently at work we just had our annual sign up for United Way. Ball Hospital gives away prizes as incentives to sign up. I won the weekly prize this week! A $25.00 Visa Gift Card! Now what to spend it on! Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home