Adventures In Food and Wine

Join me in my kitchen while I embark on a journey of cooking and enjoying food and wine.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Some Post Christmas Reviews

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday! Now it is almost 2007 as I post this and I will be in bed asleep before the New Year arrives since I have to be in to work at 6 AM! I miss being able to stay up on New Year's Eve, but it seems I always have to work New Years Day.

On Christmas Eve I decided to tackle Paula Deen's Foolproof Standing Rib Roast. I have made a rib roast this way in the past and it usually always turns out well. A couple times I have tried different recipes but we seem to like this one best. I think the secret is the leaving it in the oven with the oven off. The roast came out perfectly cooked to rare and was juicy and tasty! This method could not be easier!

We had Christmas Day dinner with my relatives and I was asked to bring a cheesecake. Now in the past, I have made some flavored cheesecakes that were very good indeed, but my family is not as adventurous as me and specifically requested a plain cheesecake. I turned to Ina Garten and modified one of her recipes for a cheesecake topped with fruit and the result was a rich, lemony and creamy cake that everyone loved. I am proud to say it was baked to perfection with NO CRACKS!!! I did use a water bath despite Ina's recommendation that it is not needed.

One of the gifts I received was a Borders gift card. I put that to use and ordered a copy of The King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Cookbook! It arrived yesterday and I have some whole grain bread ready to go in the oven now! I will post on it later this week so stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home